Families Conference – Cambridge 2022
Where the latest innovations in epilepsy treatment and genome research came together with r(20) families.
From Fri 23rd Sept ’22 through Sun 25th Sept ’22, the 2nd-ever conference dedicated to r(20) families across the world took place in Cambridge, UK.A full program including updates on r(20) research projects, Q&A with a genetic counsellor, news about the latest innovation in epilepsy treatments and genome research. Next to this, there were plenty of well-being and fun activities and the unique opportunity to spend lots of time with other r(20) families going through very similar challenges.Key speakers:
- Prof Sameer Zuberi, Paediatric Neurologist, Glasgow Children’s Hospital – Ring20 Natural History & Biomarker Study
- David Bentley, Chief Scientist Illumina – Genomics research project
- Dr Simona Balestrini, Consultant Neurologist UCL, London and Italy – Emerging treatments – What hope for r(20) syndrome? (panel lead)
- Dr Rhys Thomas, Consultant Neurologist, Newcastle
- Lisa Moore-Ramdin, Jazz Pharma, UK